Friday, January 15, 2010

Craft Corner Make over

Logan's family is coming to visit for his 30th Birthday and since we no longer have a guest room, we have to change our office/craft room into our guest room. I have been going through all our stuff and dejunking. Doing our spring cleaning a little early. To date, I have thrown away 12 boxes of stuff we no longer need. It feels good to get rid of things that we haven't touched in years. It's really nice to have extra space and have things organized better. After dejunking the office closet, I decided I had space to reorganize. So here you will find the before and after photos of my craft corner make over.

Before

After

All six of my containers happened to fit perfectly in the closet. No more clutter on the floor.

After doing the office make over, I decided I needed to dejunk the kitchen. I threw out a bunch of stuff and have a table full of junk I am getting rid of, anyone need some pots and pans??? ;-)

And the best thing of all is that we now have a lot of things to donate to the less fortunate. For Christmas each year my dad doesn't want presents but to have his children do service. Instead of doing service once a year at Christmas time, we are going to do service all year round. We have about thirty sweaters and jackets that no longer fit or are outdated so instead of holding onto them, we put them in the trunk of our car. We plan on driving around town and handing out the sweaters to the homeless (unfortunately we didnt do it last week with our record low temperatures but its better late than never). I love the feeling of doing service for others and am glad that in the process of cleaning, I found a chance to do service!

No comments: