Thursday, January 14, 2010

Oh, how I love my Cricut!

I always promised myself that I was never going to buy a cricut machine. I mean, you spend all that money just so you can make die cuts??? Waste of money in my mind. In October, I had a few friends over for a scrapping party. One of my friends happened to bring her cricut machine. I decided to try it to cut out some letters and words for a few of the pages I was working on, and I instantly fell in love. I told my mom who happened to mention that my sister-in-law has a cricut and it has been in a box in her garage for a year. So, after bargaining with my SIL she let me borrow it for a few months in exchange for lessons on how to use it. Of course, the more I had it, the more I loved it. I happened to find a few good sales on the machines on the day after Thanksgiving. So I want to say thanks to my awesome husband for buying me a cricut machine for Christmas (well, I really bought it myself but since I am unemployed, he paid for it!!!). Here are just a few things that I have done with vinyl or sticky paper.

In our kitchen above the dog bowls.... Saying is so very true!
Master bathroom (the walls are actually white but the letters are reflective so I couldn't have my flash on)
Guest bath, most recent and so far my favorite. The cricut did everything except the water splashes, those I did by hand (I am sure it can do it but I just dont have a cartridge to allow it).
***Next will be my laundry room and office/craft room. Once they are complete, I will post pictures!

No comments: